Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pomme de Terre Lake... NO WATER!!!!

My parents have a lake house at Pomme de Terre Lake
down by Bolivar, Missouri. The Corp has lowered the
water 7-8 feet so they can work on the spillway
at the damn. The water is suppose to be down till
after winter. These pictures are so weird. It looks
like a national disaster has happened.
Mom & Dad's dock
We are sitting on a log that has been revealed
due to the water being lowered. I love the changing
trees behind us... and my boys.

This is looking back at mom & dad's dock. There
should be water....
Mom & Dad's dock.
This is my Granny's dock. The boat is up
on a boat lift. So glad or the motor would be in mud.
Standing on Granny's dock looking back at the cove.


Brian, my uncle Darwin decided it would be fun to
walk out on this... but I don't think they thought they
would sink. In some spots the mud just swallowed them,
but in others you could walk for quite a distance. After watch
them walk around and get muddy...I wanted to go.
I convinced my mom and my aunt Rochelle. It was like
walking on sand that was spongy. What a DAY.

No comments: